Monday, December 19, 2011

Pals Paper Arts and Just US Girls {Thank You}


My father in-law asked me to make him a Thank You card.  I wanted to create something clean and not too feminine since it was coming from him to a good friend.  So I went to the Pals Sketch this week, which was perfect for my clean-lined vision and I also joined in at the Just Us Girls Colour Challenge to use Red, Olive, Kraft and White.  


I went with one of my favourite Stampin' Up sets called "Just Believe" and inked up the flowers with my markers in Old Olive and Red.  The sentiment was also inked up and stamped in two lines to fit in the circle.  The background script is from Hero Arts. The designer paper is from the December 25th Kaiser Kraft Pack.




Ppa pic


Thanks for stopping by!!! 
Enjoy your day!

8 comments:

  1. Great thank you card! Love all of the script in the background! And I have always loved that image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley, This is definitely one of my all time favorite stamp sets - just using it last night actually! Thanks for giving me more inspiration. I really like the color combo and love the background stamp, which I have but never seem to use. Your father-in-law will be very proud to sign this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, love the background scrip as well as a great colour combination. Cheers, Nina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding! Love the script in the background. A beautiful card!
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you used this stamp set with this holiday color combination! Great idea! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent job with sketch and colors! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, dear!!! THIS is stun-ning! LOVE your use of Just Us Girl's color - yeowza! I so appreciate it when you share your talent with Just Us Girls! {And special thanks for posting our graphic! You're a DOLL!} Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo, this is a great take on that sketch, Lesley! I like the rich tones you chose, and the teeny pearls, and the way you inked up those flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)