Friday, December 9, 2011

Inspired by Stamping Sneak Peek Day 2 {Happy Birthday Glen}

Welcome to Day 2 for the Inspired by Stamping Sneak Peek Week blog hop!  Once again, I am showcasing the awesome "The Sky's the Limit" stamp set which has 15 stamps in it!  This fun stamp set will be available for purchase tomorrow and there will be FREE shipping!  I paper-pieced the balloon and the clouds, to create a colourful and masculine card!

I wanted to create a Birthday Card for my dear father in-law Glen!  It is his birthday today, (65 years young).  He always encourages me with my card making and often comes to visit me in the craftroom.  So I had to create some extra special for him!!  In keeping with a masculine theme, I kept this card clean and adornment free. I love that this set can be used to create a masculine card!  I just added a wee button, for another punch of colour! 

The inside of the card is also completed, with a lovely sentiment...I sure hope he likes it!  The sketch for this card came from Our Creative Corner, I loved the sketch and the fact that I could "decorate" it as I wanted to!  I hope you have the chance to visit the blogs of my teammates and to share some commenting love!!  To continue on the Hop, please visit Susie Moore.









Please remember that this set "The Sky's the Limit" will be available to purchase tomorrow on Saturday, December 10th and there will be FREE SHIPPING tomorrow too!  To see the other sets Joanna has already released at Inspired by Stamping, please CLICK HERE.
Lesley Croghan (that's me)
Thanks for stopping by!!!


{Supplies Used}
Stamps: The Sky's the Limit (Inspired by Stamping)
Paper: Crumb Cake, Black, Riding Hood Red (All SU!)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools/Extras: Snips, Dimensionsals, MFT Dienamics (Medium Scallop Edge), Big Shot, Lacey Circle Nestabilities, Circle Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Folder (Distressed Lines)

17 comments:

  1. So pretty, Lesley! Love the use of the black with the kraft and red - such a striking combination! I love those polka dotted clouds, your attention to detail always amazes me. Can't wait to see tomorrow's sneak peek! Will just as fab as today's and yesterday's, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Lesley! What a great masculine card and just perfect for someone who is so supportive of your hobby. I hope he has a wonderful day today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the color contrast on this card is so incredibly eye-catching! I really like this a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lesley, what a fabulous card for a well loved man! I really like the crumb cake, red and black theme. It really does feel masculine. Your sentiment and focal point choice... perfect!
    Great job, my friend
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would not have thought to pair this set with the kraft -it's fabulous!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card makes my heart sing! I lvoe the kraft, black and red. Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great colour combo, love the masculine feel to this card. Deb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful card! Love your color combo! Very eye catching!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is GORGEOUS! I love the colors you used and the inside of the card is amazing!!! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card!! I love that color combo and is a great masculine card!! TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the masculine theme! It is so fun to see masculine cards made, and these stamps work so well for it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Lesley....I am new to your blog! I really really like your colour combination for this card! It's great to see what Inspired by Stamping designers are doing with Joanna's stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Up up and away in my beautiful balloon! Such a pretty card - inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lesley, what a wonderful card! I love the pops of red with the kraft and black. Very elegant! thank you for playing align with us @ oCC

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lesley! This is one gorgeous card, my friend! I love the paper pieced clouds, the rich colors and that fabulous stamp set! The inside is just as pretty as the front. You rock! So happy you shared it at Our Creative Corner this week, too! Big hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you transformed the images to create a masculine card! Great card! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)