Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Freshly Made Sketches #15-{Thanks}

 
This week at Freshly Made Sketches, Cindy Hall is our hostess and she has come up with a fabulous sketch for us this week!  I decided to flip the sketch and make a long card, with the panels being on the long side, rather than the short side.


I used an old SU! set that I had wanted for a LONG time!  I missed it when it came out and retired but a good friend recently gave it to me.  I was over the moon when she did that! Thanks Jane!  I loved the colours over at Create with Connie and Mary and I also wanted to play along with the Scrapbook Essentials Challenge to use Wet or Dry Embossing.  The red panel is embossed with the Finial Press Embossing Folder from SU!




Color Coach-018



We hope that you will join Freshly Made Sketches this week!  Please be sure to visit the other DT Members to see their wonderful creations!  This is also our last week with Lauri Ingrams and Christy Q. Thank you ladies for your hard work and wonderful creations!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!
Lesley

15 comments:

  1. This was always one of my very favorite sets! I just love the stylized look of the flower and butterfly! Those images worked GREAT with the colors and love your layout! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley! Gorgeous as usual! Thank you so much for all the opportunities you have given me as guest designer on FMS and the Paper Players! I am truly grateful...you are a wonderful inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors look GREAT with that set and sketch...one of my all-time favorite stamp sets, too! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bright and cheery look of your card! So clean and crisp! And I love the layout!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, you played with us at CCMC! This is beautiful Lesley...you always make Poppy Parade look lovely. I love all the grey frames--it really makes the other colors pop. So happy you played with us at CCMC! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card Leslie. I love the stamped images and I love the string! Thank for playing with us this week at CCMC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What stamp set is that? Because it is super pretty!! Looks so pretty with the colors and the sketch, too. I think Poppy Parade is your "signature" color because you always rock it. Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colors - and you did a beautiful job with them! Love the clean look of this! Definitely freshly made :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the layout. Love this stamp set...miss it! Great card. Very clean. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Lesley, wonderful colour combination and the added texture is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always loved that stamp set and will always kick myself because I didn't get it when I had the chance. How lucky that your friend gave it to you! It looks fabulous inked up in those bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, Lesley! Love the Poppy Parade with grey, you definitely have rocked everything with Poppy Parade! Thanks so much for asking me to be a part of the Clean Team. I thoroughly enjoyed it and got so much inspiration from everyone. It was an honor.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This set really is beautiful and you have made it a real wow. Love the colors and your use of the layout! Hope you enjoy your break and have a very happy holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card! Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so gorgeous Lesley ... I love the clean and classic feel to your card and glorious background texture! A perfect card to say "Thank you".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)