Monday, September 21, 2015

The Challenge #43 {Inspiration Challenge}

Hello and welcome to The Challenge

We are so excited about this week's challenge because we get to introduce you to a new team mate!!! I am thrilled to welcome, Diane Jaquay to our team! Welcome, Diane. I asked Diane to share a bit about herself...here's what she had to say!


Hello!  My name is Diane Jaquay and I'm super excited to be a part of The Challenge design team!  I love paper crafts, particularly creating cards, I think I'm "addicted" to it!  Anytime I can sit down and find time to create I'm a happy camper.  I live in beautiful Lancaster County, PA with my programmer/analyst husband and 14 year old daughter.  My son recently left us to attend Bloomsburg University, and I'm definitely missing him like crazy.  I home school my daughter and currently don't have a job outside of the home, and I think I like it that way.  My home is my haven and I love being here.  In addition to crafting, I love nature, reading, spending time with my family, and watching good TV shows and movies.  I also love to watch some of the reality TV shows that are on, my favorite being Big Brother (ha ha, yes, I'm not too proud to admit that, it's my guilty pleasure).  I'm thankful that Lesley asked me to be a part of her team, and I hope that my creations inspire you.


Thank you Diane!!! This week we have an inspiration challenge and I was so excited to make my card! I really wanted to do some watercolouring and some fussy cutting. I will admit, this card did not turn out as I had hoped...it is a little "weird" to me but I think you can see I was inspired by the colours and the textures of the photo. I usually like to have a white or "clean" card base but I was trying to recreate the wall in the background of the photo. I also used the awesome sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch! Love it! I thought it worked perfectly for the design I had in my mind! I hope you do too! I used a retired My Favourite Things stamp set.


The design team have created some inspiration to get you in the crafting mood! Come and join us! Our weekly winner will be our next Guest Designer! So come and join the fun!

(Featured Designer)

   
Kim HegginsAnita MaddenKimberly Wiener
Lee Ann BarrettClaire BroadwaterNance Salkeld
Fresh Cut Floral Thank You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud stamps and dies from WPlus9




Lori Tecler Michele Ferguson



6 comments:

  1. Wow,love the inspiration and Diane's card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab photo and all DT cards are amazing. I like your card Lesley, the flowers look like they are coloured on vellum. The background with the hemp gives the card good texture, great to step outside the comfort zone and it sure worked here x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesley, soooo beautiful! Love the background and those flowers! ! Have a wonderful week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Diane's work -- she is very talented! This card is gorgeous -- I love her take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card Lesley. I love the burlap and all the texture.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)