Friday, November 8, 2013

Falling for You with "Brown" Snowflakes {Purple Onion Design Team}

Lately I have been trying "new" styles for me as a card maker and so I decided to play along with the CASology "brown" challenge this week. I was intrigued and went to work, creating a CAS snowflake card...with lots of brown? Antique? Old-Fashioned? Weird? Who knows, but I wanted to link up! I love the CASology challenge and I wish I could play along more often!

So here is my "brown" snowflake themed card! Yikes!


The main "snowflake stamped" panel measures 3 x 4". And then I added some burlap ribbon behind it. The "wood veneer" snowflakes come from my stash...but there are lots of great wood items at Paper Issues. I went to work and played along with a stamp set from Purple Onion Designs. It is called Vintage Snowflake Set by Paislee Press Designs.


I have a discount code for Paper Issues. Use the code Lesley13 to receive 20% off your order! Every bit helps! The challenge at Paper Issues is "Falling for You" and so I am using some "falling" snowflakes. I am also linking up to the current Ribbon Carousel-Holidays/Celebrations challenges.

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous snowflakes and love the colour combo! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Country vintage chic ELEGANCE!!!! Love it!!! Glad you could get away to play with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Lesley. Love the colour combo and the burlap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who would have thought brown snowflakes could be so stunning!!!! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your antique snowflakes....gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Stunning card! You've worked magic here...!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is elegant! I love it! The burlap is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous, Lesley! I love the brown snowflakes! I seriously feel that snowflakes can be ANY color - they are just so pretty :) WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooo so pretty!! I love how the brown snowflakes turned out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your vintage snowflakes Lesley. The burlap is an awesome addition. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! The veneer snowflakes are a perfect complement!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty. The wood veneer snowflakes go so well with the vintage style brown snowflakes. Love everything about your card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vintagey for sure, and warm as toast too! Love the bg you created. Gives the snowflakes movement!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the vintage look of your brown snowflakes....great card as always!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lesley your cards are ALWAYS so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What's with the "yikes?" I think it's gorgeous! :). If you really don't like it, I can hold onto it for you.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card! Love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovin' this card Lesley...awesome textures and love the stacked veneers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)