Monday, June 3, 2013

Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge #60 {Merry Christmas}

June is here and with it, a brand new month of Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenges!! I am excited to welcome our Featured Designer this month, Debbie Marcinkiewicz !!! Debbie makes the most beautiful cards and she is such a lovely person. I asked Debbie to share a bit about herself. Welcome, Debbie!

My name is Debbie Marcinkiewicz and I am thrilled that Lesley invited me to be the June Featured Designer for the Merry Monday Challenge Blog!  I am a wife, mother of two wonderful sons, ages 22 & 21, and addicted to paper, glue and stamps!  I am fortunate to ‘work full time’ designing paper crafted treasures for several on-line boutiques and blogs currently!  I am the proud creator, illustrator and designer of the Paper Sweeties stamp line which was launched in August 2012!!  I have been a crafter all my life and have dabbled in just about everything.  I owned my own sewing business for approximately three years in which I handmade American Girl doll clothes and quilts.  It was a very natural progression to travel from quilting to paper crafting … the same basic techniques can be applied transitioning fabric to paper!  I have been paper crafting seriously for approximately nine years and have been professionally designing for approximately four years!!   I really find so much joy in inspiring others through my tiny, made from the heart treasures!  

Thank you so much Debbie!!! Welcome!


This week we have another simple sketch, and the team has made it shine!!! I decided to go with a more simple look this week. I used a Penny Black sentiment that I picked up years ago and then paired it with a pretty embossing folder. Then I added some lace ribbon, some twine and a tiny snowflake with a rhinestone!!

{Supplies Used}
Stamps: Penny Black
Inks: Cherry Cobbler
Papers: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Jillibean Soup 
Extras: Lace Ribbon, Twine, Snowflake Dienamics (MFT), rhinestone, Big Shot

Welcome to our Guest Designer this week Cindy Major! She won our challenge a couple of weeks ago! Would you like to be a Guest Designer? Be sure to play along, as our weekly winner is our next Guest Designer!


LeAnne PuglieseBonnie KlassNina Forsyth
Wendy AungstVicki BurdickSue Joyce



Sherry Eckblad
Narelle Farrugia
Cindy Major (Guest Designer)Margaret MoodyAllisa Chilton

13 comments:

  1. gorgeous card Lesley...yahoo for Debbie! I'm such a fan of her work! congrats to Cindy too...awesome work by the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card Lesley!! I like this week's sketch too. Hope I can find time to play along!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Debbie. Love the sketch and your card Lesley. Great cards by the DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG ... what a warm welcome! I'm tickled to be here this month sharing with all the MM girlies! Thanks so much for inviting me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, Lesley! Love the lace, the Cherry and Vanilla and the rhinestone on the sweet snowflake! This is probably one of my favorite sketches. Or maybe that was last week's? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Lesley! So sweet! Great cards by the DT too, but I'll have to comment on those tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gift this challenge is to everybody, Lesley! All your designers do such fantastic work and provide us with a wealth of Christmas card art!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the traditional Christmas colours you've used on your card and I think I need to go out and buy that snowflake now - it's wonderful with it's rhinestone centre! Another fabulous sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lesley, what a wonderful, simple sketch. Your card is awesome. I adore that Penny Black sentiment....such a beautiful font.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lesley, what a great layout to display some beautiful embossing or dsp. I love your creation and all the embellishments, particularly the little bit of twine on the lace. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love you CAS take on the sketch this week Lesley and your colour combo. Fabulous sketch this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. another fantastic sketch Lesley :) WOW!! the dt rocked it as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your use of ribbon on this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)