Hello and welcome! I am absolutely thrilled and honored to be in Round 3 for Gallery Idol! Thank you to everyone who voted in Round 2 and for all of your comments and support! They mean a lot to me!
This round, our challenge is to make your own stamped background. I decided to create a background using the "Masking" Technique.
Here are the "masks" I made and used to create my card.
To do the masking technique:
- I used Post it Notes. (they are good for sticking)
- Stamp the rose image onto the post it note and fussy cut them out.
- I used 2 different roses-but created 3 rose "masks".
- Then I stamped one rose image on my white cardstock background.
- Then, using the post it note mask, I covered that stamped rose on the white paper and then stamped another rose over top of it. So it looked like the roses were in a bunch.
- I actually masked 2 flowers at once, when adding the leaves to the background.
I decided to use a pretty Rose stamp set made by Flourishes and used a sentiment from a Simon Says Stamp set. My roses are coloured with Copic Markers and I used Memento Black Ink to stamp the roses and the sentiment. I then punched out a butterfly in Daffodil Delight cardstock and another butterfly in vellum, so soften it. To tie in the black accents, I added three small black pearls.
I hope you like my Round 3 Card for Gallery Idol.
If you would like to vote for my card or for any of the participant's cards,
please CLICK HERE to vote!!!
Thank you for your support and love!!!
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp and Flourishes
Inks: Memento Tuexedo Black Ink, Copic Markers
Papers: Daffodil Delight (SU!), Black, White (Flourishes), Vellum
Extras: Butterfly Punch (SU!), Black Pearls