Saturday, September 1, 2012

Dynamic Duos #18-Poppy Parade and Lucky Limeade

This week at Dynamic Duos, we have a bright colour combo for the start of the month with Poppy Parade and Lucky Limeade. They are in truth, my favourite colours and I was excited to use them this week! 

I wanted to make something fun for my classroom, so I decided to make a pennant, with these fun vibrant colours. I cut the triangles is what I did...

  1. I cut a piece of cardstock (red or green) to be 5 1/2" squared.
  2. Then I used my scoring tool to create a score at 2 1/4" or in the middle from top to bottom.
  3. Then I put the paper in my cutter, and lined up the top corner with the bottom of the middle score line and cut off that piece. 
  4. I did this on both sides so that I was left with a triangle.
  5. Then I placed the triangle into my Chevron embossing folder to add some texture to the top of my triangle.

Using my cropping tool, I crimped some eyelets into each corner, to run the Baker's Twine through. I also used a Memory Box Die for the white circle, isn't it pretty!! So lacy! The butterfly was punched out with the new Stampin' Up Butterfly die and I added three gemstones to each one. The 2 3/8" scallop circle added some interest below the white, lacy circle. I am going to hang this along my whiteboard at school, it is fun and colourful!!! I hope the kids will enjoy it!

I would love for you to come and join us this week at Dynamic Duos


  1. Fantastic pennant Lesley, so pretty and bright, the kids will love it.

  2. Gorgeous, Lesley! This is a happy pennant and I know your students will love it. They are so lucky to have a teacher like you!

  3. I love it, Lesley! These bright colors are perfect for such a fun and happy banner!

  4. What a fun garland of pennants, Lesley. ;-) The embossing is fantastic, and I love those lovely little doilies with butterflies. So pretty. ;-)

  5. What a PRETTY decoration for your classroom Lesley, I'm sure the kids will enjoy it! Have a great weekend ;)

  6. Your banner is so much fun! Those colors are great together and I love the chevron texture.

  7. How totally original and absolutely charming!!

  8. OMGosh, this banner is so clever! I bet your students LOVE it - it's so cheerful! I haven't seen that GORGEOUS die before - it's so delicate and perfect. Love the butterfly too, ha ha - I'm such a fan of that punch and matching stamp set.
    Fun banner for the Dynamic Duo's challenge!!
    Cheers, Karen

  9. What a beautiful pennant! All the kids and the parents will love it!

  10. Lesley, your pendant is so bright and cheery. It'll be a great addition to your classroom. I know your kids will love it!

  11. Lesley your banner is stunning. I love that white die cut.

  12. That is one fabulous banner with those trendy chevrons and delicate flower dies! Beautifully done, and what a great way to incorporate those colors!


Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)