This week at Dynamic Duos, we have a bright colour combo for the start of the month with Poppy Parade and Lucky Limeade. They are in truth, my favourite colours and I was excited to use them this week!
I wanted to make something fun for my classroom, so I decided to make a pennant, with these fun vibrant colours. I cut the triangles myself...here is what I did...
- I cut a piece of cardstock (red or green) to be 5 1/2" squared.
- Then I used my scoring tool to create a score at 2 1/4" or in the middle from top to bottom.
- Then I put the paper in my cutter, and lined up the top corner with the bottom of the middle score line and cut off that piece.
- I did this on both sides so that I was left with a triangle.
- Then I placed the triangle into my Chevron embossing folder to add some texture to the top of my triangle.
Using my cropping tool, I crimped some eyelets into each corner, to run the Baker's Twine through. I also used a Memory Box Die for the white circle, isn't it pretty!! So lacy! The butterfly was punched out with the new Stampin' Up Butterfly die and I added three gemstones to each one. The 2 3/8" scallop circle added some interest below the white, lacy circle. I am going to hang this along my whiteboard at school, it is fun and colourful!!! I hope the kids will enjoy it!
I would love for you to come and join us this week at Dynamic Duos.