Thursday, July 7, 2011

Today's the BIG day!!!

I am so honoured to be the Guest Artist over at Pals Paper Arts this week!  This week they have a terrific colour combo that is one of my favourites!!!! I just LOVE working with blues! 

I decided to create a "clean vintage" styled card. I was trying to capture my "Style", but I am not sure if I did?  My favourite stamp set is the "Elements of Style" set and I knew that I wanted to watercolour the floral image with Bashful Blue and Marina Mist.  The bottom of the card is covered with velum and the sentiment is stamped in Marina Mist.   


I used the French Foliage set too, for the script writing and the postage stamp.  I love that set too and I recently realized that I need to get more of those realistic styled stamps.  I think they are so pretty! I used my scoring blade and added some score lines to the whisper white base piece.


On a personal note, I have had the most wonderful surprise this week. I received a job that I had applied for and never thought I would win!  It is very exciting yet bittersweet.  I loved my school this year and it is hard to leave. My new school is minutes from my home and somewhere I have happily worked at in the past. I never thought I would make it back there!! Amazing!

I hope you get the chance to come over to the Pals Paper Arts blog this week to join in on this wonderful colour combo!! Thank you so much to Mary, Ann and the entire Pals team for having me on board this week!  I am excited to see what everyone creates!

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Smiles,
Lesley

17 comments:

  1. Lesley, What a beautiful card! I love the colors for the challenge this week -the use of vellum on the bottom reminds me of "this is a page in a scrapbook and this is an old print you found in your grandmother's attic" :-) Congratulations on your new job that will be closer to your home! More time to stamp :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesler, this is stunning and by far the best card of the design team this week! I t absolutely captures "your" style. I love that each layer has interest. Congratulations on being the featured designer this week. A wonderful honor, and you did yourself proud, my friend!
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elements of Style is my favorite stamp set and blue is my favorite color! Aaaahhhhh...need I say more! This card is just so so pretty. My favorite part is that little flower that hangs over the vellum. Now if only I were this talented.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely beautiful, Lesley! I love your watercolouring. Congratulations on the GD and your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your Guest Artist gig! Woohoo! And I LOVE blues, so I definitely want to play this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and your card is sweet, too---love that image and what you always do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leslie - this is stunning. I love layer of vellum. Congrats on being the designer this week and on the new job!! So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lesley, this is just super fantastic news! What a wonderful honor! AND I LOVE your beautiful card in all the blue. Lovely in every way. Beautiful coloring and just love your style. Also great news about the new school! So very excited for you.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go girl! This has such elegance and grace - love it! Beautifully detailed and layered! Love it! Congrats on your new job - a short commute to work is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous job, Lesley! You once again worked your magic! Thank you for being our celebrity designer this week. You really rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopping in to say hi and comment on your gorgeous card! Also, congrats on two counts. It will be an exciting fall for you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lesley, congrats on being picked the quest designer for this month. Love your cards and designs and this one is no exception. Just beautiful... the triple blues looks fabulous and used one of my favorite sets. I don't think I'll ever tire of it. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on the guest designer spot this week! You so deserve it! As usual, you've created a stunning card. Those blues are fabulous. And a big congrats on your new job. How exciting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lesley, your card is stunning!!! I love it and your coloring is gorgeous. Thanks for being with us this week. Congrats on your new job too, how wonderful!!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lesley, this card is amazing!! Love the way you used the vellum on the bottom portion and how it looks so elegant overall. Also, Congratulations on your new job!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Ms. Guest Designer, like always you have great details on this gorgeous card! Love the score lines, your flowers and layers at an angle ... stunning! Thanks being a part of the Pals this week! Also, congrats on your new job! Sounds like you are going to have a very exciting first day of school!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woot, woot GO LESLEY! I am so behind on commenting that I missed this post, OMG! First, congratulations my friend on a well-deserved GD spot at PPA. How cool are you?! Love your card--it has Lesley style all over it. Second, kudos to you and your new job! So happy for you!! What a week you had...sorry I'm late with the congrats! BIG HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)