Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Scrumptious Pile It On Challenge (I made the top three scoops!!!) and the Fabulous Penny Black Challenge (Embossing)

My card is at the end of this post...I just had to share some wedding photos from today!! :)

My cousin Dan and his lovely bride, Danica. I wish the picture had turned out better! I am still learning how to use my camera. I was at a family wedding all day today and just got home. I was so thrilled to see that I made the top three scoops this week at Pile It On!! I won for this card!! What a great way to end my day! Thank you to Vickilyn and Dalis for choosing my card! It is actually the card I gave to my cousin and his bride today!!The first guy (left to right) is my husband Corey, then my cousin's husband Pete and my sister's boyfriend Rob. They were having some fun! (Goofballs! :) This is a partial family photo, complete with Aunts, Uncles, Sister and my sweetie in the back row!My husband Corey and I...being goofy as usual. It was an outdoor wedding and absolutely freezing, the weather changed and so we had to wear our jackets.
When I got home and saw I won, I was so happy that I was inspired to make this card for the new Pile it On Challenge!Here are the challenges I used to make this card!

1. Pile it On: to use purple on your card
2. Penny Black Challenge: to use embossing and a Penny Black Challenge.

I inked the edges with my large sponge dauber and some SU! River Rock (Why don't they make this colour one of their neutrals!! I LOVED it! Of course it is retired now...sigh) The image is from Penny Black and it is supposed to be poppies but I made them purple...with my BV00 Copic Marker. I used my Script CB folder to do the embossing...I think that is one of my favourite folders!!!
Smiles,
Lesley :)

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and a beautiful image.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely - as always!!! Love that stamp!

    Thanks for playing with us at PILE IT ON! (that was the official line! LOL)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)