Sunday, February 21, 2016

Inspired by All the Little Things {Spotlight on Darnell Knauss}

Welcome to another week of Inspired By All the Little Things!!! 

Each week I have been fine-tuning this feature, trying to make it more accessible for all! The linky is now open for one month and I hope you are inspired to play along!




This week I am delighted to welcome Darnell Knauss. Darnell is an inspiration not just with her fabulous art work but with her use of the English language! If ever you want to have a giggle and be inspired at the same time, Darnell is your designer! She is a wonderful lady; kind, thoughtful and sincere. I was so happy she was able to be my featured designer this week! Welcome, Darnell!

She made two cards this week to inspire you! I just love the papered cups and the stitched dies!




Aren't they fabulous!!! I asked Darnell to answer some questions about herself...here is what she had to say!


1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?


I started my blog in October 2011 as a way to link people to my Smugmug site where I had already downloaded hundreds of cards. It was stagnant for a bit, so I feel like my blog didn't officially launch until January 2012 when I discovered challenges. After that, I was off and running!

 2. What is your style of card making?

Clean and simple (CAS). Sometimes quick and clean and simple (QACAS).
  
3. Who inspires you as a designer?

It would be easier to say who doesn't inspire me! We are all privileged to meet incredibly talented card designers in Blogland via challenge design teams, but I'm also consistently blown away by the design capabilities of many "unknown" card artists. I've been blogging long enough now to be thrilled as I've watched many of these talented unknown artists achieve well-deserved recognition by challenge owners and, hence, the rest of our community.

4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?

What you said. All of it! Although, to be serious, I now find that most of my inspiration comes from my daily visits around Blogland. I see the cards of others and that will spark a flame of an idea in my own hamster brain, either because I like the design layout or it will make me think of a stamp or die I have. And, of course, either before or after I make a card, I will check out my favorite challenges.

5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?

Hmm. I'm pretty much an open book and if you've been reading me since 2012, then you pretty much know all there is to know. I'm thinking. Oh, well, this isn't common knowledge yet: I'm very excited to share that I'll be traveling to England in July and meeting lots of my bloggie friends while I'm there! 

Thank you so much, Darnell for joining us this week and for sharing your talent with us!



6 comments:

  1. How fun to see Darnell in the spotlight here. Apart from her cards, I love her sense of humour and the way she plays with the English language. I also admire her for the way she makes new crafters or new crafty bloggers feel welcome in this extaordinary crafting community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley, thank you again for asking me to be a guest designer for your fun new card game inspired by all the little things! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun feature Lesley and great to know more about Darnell x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Darnell...what gorgeous cards! Fun to read about her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always a pleasure to visit Darnell's blog! So happy to see her in the spotlight today! What a great inspiration photo you have, love the colors. Darnell's cards are just delightful. I love those stacked cups, so CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darnell is a legend and was one of my first blog land friends. I love her work and her wicked sense of humor. The beautiful star card is actually with me.. As DK sent it to me with a wonderful surprise gift. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)