Monday, December 2, 2013

Merry Monday #86 {Use the Chalkboard Technique}

So much to share this week at Merry Monday! First of all, a special thank you to November's Featured Designer, Linda Callahan!!! Whew that month FLEW by! Today is December 2nd and I am pleased to welcome our December Featured Designer, Darnell Knauss! I asked Darnell to share a little about herself...she is a riot!



My name is Darnell Knauss.  (You pronounce the K and it rhymes with house. During the Christmas season, I don't mind if you make it rhyme with moose.)  I was always a prolific card-giver, stalking card aisles, until I attended a SU! workshop in 2002, which turned me into a prolific card-maker.  I started djkardkreations in 2012 when I moved from the dismal garage to my backyard Playhouse.  Online challenges have brought me immense pleasure and a world-wide community of supportive and talented friends.  Enjoy!

Thank you, Lesley, for the huge honor of 
being your Guest Designer for the month of December! 

Thank you, Darnell!!! I am so excited you will be joining us!!! AND I have another fabulous announcement to make. Kristie Goulet is joining the Merry Monday team!!! She is starting with us this week...she has played along with us throughout the year and I am so pleased she has agreed to join us. I asked her to share a bit about herself too! Welcome, Kristie!!!



Hi, my name is Kristie Goulet and I live in Groveton, NH.  I have been blessed with 4 amazing children, Noah, Hannah, Leah & Jonah.  I am married to my high school sweetheart, Todd.  I love creating cards, especially Christmas cards, when I am not busy homeschooling our children.  I started my blog Kreative Kristie and am amazed at the amazing bond that card makers have and the friendships I have made.
I am beyond excited to become one of Lesley's Merry Monday girls and look forward to creating alongside this very talented design team.


Our challenge this week is to use 

the chalkboard technique on your Christmas card!

HERE IS A TUTORIAL FROM SPLITCOAST STAMPERS

I have only used this technique once before...and I have to say I had fun with this technique! I hope you do too!

{Supplies Used}
Inks: Versamark
Papers: SU! DSP in Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White and Black
Extras: The Twinery (Cherry Twine), 5 Petal Punch (retired SU!), MME Christmas Paper Pad (6x6)


 Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

I am also playing along with the Curtain Call Challenge and Simon Says Stamp.

Welcome to our Guest Designer this week Colleen!! She won our challenge a couple of weeks ago! Would you like to be a Guest Designer? Be sure to play along, as our weekly winner is our next Guest Designer!








Kristie GouletBonnie KlassKaren Davis








Karren JohnsonLeAnne PuglieseLoll Thompson

Margaret Moody 
Nina Forsyth 

Sue JoyceColleen Begley (GD)Wendy Aungst

21 comments:

  1. Wow, Lesley! What a fantastic combination of papers backing that wonderful chalkboard! (Glad you cleaned your board!) I love all these layers and the pretty poinsettia to top it off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Lesley. Love the bright green and red with the black - bold and fun! Fabulous layout and design with lots of visual impact from your beautiful designer papers. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE your card Lesley!!!!!!!

    Great cards by everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, again, for this wonderful honor, Lesley!! I love how your chalkboard is wrapped up in festive Christmas finery!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, I love this sentiment and the fantastic papers. The card class was such fun yesterday thanks for having me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so fabulous! That green against the black............. awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous! truly gorgeous! thanks for playing along at the Curtain Call with this fantastic Christmas Countdown card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lesley, your card is stunning! I really love how you combined the papers with the lovely pops of red & green!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been wanting to try this technique for quite some time. I guess this is the week to give it a shot! Thanks for the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is just beautiful, Lesley. Your gorgeous red flower really highlights the chalkboard panel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lesley what great choices for both Guest Designer and new member of the Design Team. All the cards from the Dt are fantastic this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card......stunning colors! I love the green and white polka dot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!!!
    Glad you cleaned your board!, Lesley! What a fantastic combination of papers backing that wonderful chalkboard! I love all these layers and the pretty poinsettia to top it off!
    Thanks once again....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lesley your card is gorgeous! Love all the papers and the beautiful felt flower! The entire DT made gorgeous cards as always ! Such a talented group of designers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh this is a striking combination Lesley. I love the bold designs and the red and green on the black and white. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous! Those vivid colors with the black-n-white from that technique are so bold and eye-catching! :) Thanks for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The designers rock this week! Great inspiration. Congrats to Kristie, she's amazing! Love her work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such lovely cards. This technique lends itself really well to the rustic Christmas look. Thanks for the challenge. Congratulations and welcome to Darnell and Kristie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your colours this week Lesley, and the fantastic images you used, gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)