Monday, July 22, 2013

Merry Monday Reminder and Meet Two Inspiring Guest Designers!

Another Monday in July and we are still going strong with the Merry Monday "Anything Goes" Christmas challenge we have on for this month! Wow, such gorgeous submissions!


Each Monday in July, I am excited to be featuring a Guest Designer or two! This week I am thrilled to welcome Darnell and Leah. I asked these ladies to share a bit about themselves and they each created a gorgeous Christmas card to re-inspire us!!! Welcome ladies!! I am so excited that you could share your talent with us this week! Be sure to click on their name below their photo to visit their blogs.


Darnell Knauss-Guest Designer
My name is Darnell Knauss (pronounced Ka-nouse). I am so honored to be asked by Lesley, one of my favorite card artists, to be a Guest Designer for her wonderful Merry Monday challenge! In addition to my hobby, I'm a contented grandmother, wife, and mother. I still work on-call as a Legal Assistant when it doesn't interfere with my card making. I started this hobby in 2002 after attending my first paper and stamp crack party ~ I mean craft party, featuring Stampin' Up! products. I have never looked back. After ten years making cards for family and friends from inside the disgusting garage, we had the backyard landscaped and I became the envied occupant of my sweet crafty Playhouse. I also began to surf the computer for card inspiration. I was so inspired, I gathered my courage skirts, took a huge leap, and started my own blog (djkardkreations.com). I am having the time of my life sharing my cards, playing with words, and connecting with delightful people from all over the world!  The online card-making challenges keep me interested, active, and mentally sharp (wait, what?) and the stamping community has given me incredible love, encouragement, and years' worth of inspired works of card art. I am grateful for every bit of that and all the friends I've made and continue to make. Mwah!



Leah l'Orange-Guest Designer

Hey chickens! I'm Leah l'Orange, and I'm so pleased to have been invited to guest design for this Merry Monday Challenge! I am a card making enthusiast whose interests are all over the place... Foreign and indie films, music (experimental, classical, retro, industrial, etc.), FOOD (espesh ethnic foods with lots of spice), puzzles and games. I'm a grammar nazi, a Scrabble buff, a Canadian import (living in NJ) and popcorn is my cryptonite. Big big thanks to Lesley for having me - I always complain that I don't start my Christmas cards early enough, so this was just the remedy! Check me out at The Chronicles of Orange (http://thechroniclesoforange.blogspot.com) - I love visitors!



Thank you so much, ladies! We are thrilled to have you join us! 

To play along with our challenge this month, 
please CLICK HERE.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas cards from these talented ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely creations from both! Happy to have you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Lesley, and the DT for this privilege! It took me longer than I had hoped to start my Christmas cards this year, but without this challenge, I'd still be without a single one, so thank you for weekly inspiration! Congratulations to Leah for also being a GD this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)