Saturday, October 29, 2011

Shabby Tea Room Challenge #85 {Happy Halloween}

All week I have been trying to get this card together for the Shabby Tea Room Challenge. I have never played their challenge before and I was excited to play along!!  This week they are asking for a Halloween Themed card with the colours Orange, Purple and Black as well as some twine.  So I went to work, using another free digi from Torico. I just love her sweetly drawn images!  Here is the inspiration photo from the Shabby Tea Room:


  • I printed out the digi from Torico on my printer and cut it out with a circle nestabilities.
  • I coloured the image with my Copics. 
  • The cardstock I used is Crumb Cake paper and I inked up my En Francais background stamp, I thought it looked like a "spell". 
  • The DSP is some from my stash and I mimicked the scalloped around my main image at the bottom of the card with the Scallop Edge Border Punch. 
  • I also added a pearl to each loop. 
  • I finished it off with a sweet orange rose and some twine, wanted it to look spider webish and a simple sentiment at the bottom of the card!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  I sure hope you enjoyed my card today!  Be sure to check out the Shabby Tea Room to see what the DT created and all the other cards linked there. Such amazing inspiration!!  Please leave me a comment, I love reading them! I am also offering some blog candy, and you can find that post by clicking HERE.

5 comments:

  1. Lesley this is adorable! That's the sweetest little gal. And I love the polka dots. Thanks so much for joining us in the Tea Room this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card! I love how she is hugging the pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card with the little girl hugging the pumpkin. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lesley;
    Love,love,love your cards.Thanks for the opportunity to win the tut.
    The colors are lovely.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! Such a cute image and your coloring is absolutely perfect ... love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)