Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Freshly Made Sketches #5


You know when you make a card and you think to yourself, "I need to remake this or start again!"  Well that was my plan with my Freshly Made Sketches card this week but I just ran out of time. But I do love this little snowman...he is so cute!  This is an exciting week at Freshly Made Sketches because we have Anne Marie Hile as our Featured Designer, and are welcoming Cindy Hall and Jennifer Timko to the team for a 6 month rotation. Welcome ladies!


I started with a Naturals Ivory Card base and then used a layer of Pear Pizzazz cardstock.  The Cherry Cobbler cardstock was embossed using my Big Shot and the Stripes Embossing folder.  The piece of DSP is a piece from the Frostwood Lodge DSP pack.  The image is coloured with my Stampin' Write Markers and then outlined with a blender pen and some Crumb Cake ink.  The sentiment is from the retired set called "All Holidays" and the card was finished off with a snowflake from the snowflake punch.
We hope you have the chance this week to join us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Thanks for stopping by!!!

12 comments:

  1. What? Absolutely NO remaking this one; it is perfect and lovely as is. In fact, I kept dreaming about making it myself after I saw it! I love it so much. Your coloring is perfect and the dsp and embossing are fabulous together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tiny bit of Pear Pizzazz is a fabulous detail! This is a beauty - your snowman looks glorious in Cherry Cobbler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't re-do anything on this! Love it just as is. Really like that plaid paper too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! Gotta get that snowman...and dsp...I love when other stampers encouragenme to shop! heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesley, there is no need to remake something awesome, I say...and THIS is just that! I love everything about this sweet snowman with his pop of Pizzazz". SO fresh and fun, in every way. PS: thanks for letting me join y'all this week. Big hugs, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you thought about redoing this card! I loved it the second I saw it. Everything about it, especially that adorable snowman and the red/white plaid says "Happy, Happy Christmas!" I feel happy just looking at it. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No way are you gonna remake this one! It's snooow perfect (sorry couldn't help myself!) I absolutely love it--perfect take on the sketch, the embossing with the plaid, that pop of pear and your coloring is to die for--perfect just the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very cute, you definately don't need to remake it. I do know what you mean though, I think I have thought that about my last few cards. Love the plaid and the snowman is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lesley, I have no idea why you would want to remake this. The snowman is perfect, the striped embossed background is gorgeous, and the designer paper finishes it all off! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do that all the time! Think I'll remake it and then don't, ha! I'm so glad you didn't, I just LOVE this card! The colors are so warm and make me think of winter! I love the embossing on the background and that snowman too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lesley - I love this and that striped embossing folder goes so well with that DSP! You'll be pleased to know that I finally bit the bullet and ordered it today. LOL

    Love that adorable snowman with his pop of pear pizzazz scarf!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)