This weekend I was off on a romantic getaway with my hubby. He got the getaway for me for my birthday in August and I have been waiting patiently for this weekend to arrive!! We went to a wonderful spot on the West Coast and had our own little cabin with a fireplace and soaker tub!! I was in heaven! Thank you sweetie for my special weekend away!!
On Saturday, right before we left, I saw that Ann Schach of The Stampin' Schach, had chosen me to receive a Stylish Blogger Award!! Wow! I was tickled pink!! Me Stylish? LOL!!! Thank you Ann for thinking of me!! The rules are I need to share 8 things about myself and then choose 8 more bloggers to receive this award!!!
So 8 things about me...yikes...here we go!!!
1. I LOVE sushi!! It is my favourite food and I often have sushi with my best friend Jake. The best time out for us is sushi and a movie...yep, that is about as perfect as it gets!!
2. I used to sing professionally on stage. I have a degree in Acting and Directing as well as a Diploma in Musical Theatre. Theatre was my main livelihood up until 2004 when I had to stop performing in my usual gig. I would sing about 20 songs a night with 4 can-can dancers dancing all around!! I loved that gig and even met my husband!! He followed me home.
3. I had Melanoma in my left leg. I had three surgeries to deal with the cancer and it spread to my lymphnodes. It was a scary time and it happened in 2004. That sort of ended my performing career as I wasn't the "mover" on stage I once was after that. The reason I share this is because so many people do not know how deadly melanoma is and my cancer was a small mole on my leg, the size of a pinhead. I NEVER imagined that it could be cancer and could spread throughout my body. I am happy I got the mole off and the doctors removed my lymphnodes from my left leg. I have been cancer free for 6 years and try to be happy everyday!! So get your moles checked and GET 'EM OFF!! Better off, than on!!
4. I love to sketch layouts for my cards! I have a sketch pad in my purse and beside the bed for when inspiration strikes!!
5. My hubby and I were married on St. Patrick's Day! It is an easy date to remember and we had a great party!! We are both Irish and thought this would be a natural fit. My grandparents on my mom's side were married on St. Patty's Day too!! In England, during WWII.
6. I have one sibling, who is a singer and a beautiful dancer. She is almost 5 years younger than me. Her name is Kelley and she is super-talented and lovely.
7. My favourite season is Spring. I love the birds, the sunshine, the frequent rain showers and the brightness. I always feel so much better when Spring arrives.
8. I love fishing. My husband and I spend our summer holidays, fishing and camping. We have a little boat and a truck/camper combo. I love sitting by the lake, reading a good book or sketching a card design. It is the best part of the summer.
Now I would like to pass this award onto some fabulous bloggers who have lovely blogs and who send me sweet comments and who inspire me with their work. I noticed that my fellow Paper Players Nance, Ann, Anne-Marie and Jaydee have all received this award already!!! Congrats girls!!!
Laurie of LBCrafts
LeAnne of Weeinklings
Tracy of Good Girl Gone Average
Brenda of QBee's Quest
Linda of Stampin' Seasons
Vicki of It's A Stamp Thing
Crystal of Crystal's Crafty Creations
Lynn of Creative Crafts by Lynn
Thanks for stopping by!!