Monday, January 24, 2011

Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge


All week I have been waiting to create a card for the PPA Sketch Challenge.  I finally got the chance tonight and went to work.  I decided to rotate the sketch because I liked the long shaped box #4.  I also tried their tip to use Ribbon as one of my layers!

When breaking down a sketch I look at:
  1. What stamp would work with the main panel on the sketch?  Box #4 seemed like a focal point to me, so I was looking for a long or tall image.
  2. What kind of a card do I want to create with that image?  Birthday?  Sympathy? Wedding?
  3. Where and what would my sentiment be?
I am sure many stampers do the same thing!!  So I went to work, and found the image from the Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set which was the first set I bought as a Stampin' Up Demo.  I love it and have used it a lot!  Then I looked at the circles where the sentiment could go and decided to use my new Fabulous Phrases set.  This stamp set is perfect in Clear Mount because with an A sized Clear Block, I could fit the two words onto my punched circles perfectly.


I had some scraps of Rose Red Designer Paper on my desk and decided to pair it up with River Rock and White.  This card is very simple but I love these two colours together.  I know this card is not fancy or clever but I wanted it to be clean and pretty.  I used my crimper to add some texture to the bottom box #2 on the sketch.

Thanks for stopping by!  If you get the chance head on over to the Pals Paper Arts challenge blog to play with this terrific sketch!!

Smiles,
Lesley

PS  I created a new Watermark for myself!!  What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. I love clean and pretty! Your cupcakes look wonderful! I never know what to use River Rock with but you certainly do - and crimping it makes it look like a cupcake wrapper - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Linda, love clean and pretty! Ooooh Lesley, this card is just that! Love the colors that you worked with too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! Love the little cupcakes...don't know why I don't have this stamp set. Very nice.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card and reading about the way you breakdown a sketch! Thanks so much for playing at PPA with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how cute! I love the colors and the images you selected! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lesley, this is very clean and fresh and has all the hallmark Lesley touches. I love your new watermark on your photos, too!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)