Happy Friday eve! I am so excited because I tried something different! I have dabbled before but usually I do not like what I create. Usually I stick to my style but I love all of the watercoloured cards and floral images I have been seeing. I needed to give it a whirl! I have all the product to make this style of card and so the WPLUS9-Throwback Thursday challenge was the perfect way to be inspired...especially the watercoloured backgrounds of Maureen's cards. This is my first real attempt at this technique but I hope to explore some more. You probably have tried this before but I thought I would share my steps.
- I stamped my image in Versamark ink onto watercolour paper.
- Then I heat set it with white embossing powder.
- Then I got the paper wet with my water pen...in the areas I wanted to add ink.
- Then I used some distress inks and allowed the ink to flow into those wet areas.
- Then I heat dried my panel with my heat gun.
I am playing along with the following challenges: