Monday, January 21, 2013

Merry Monday Christmas Card Theme Challenge #46 {For the Birds}

Hello and welcome to another challenge at Merry Monday!! I am happy to report that over 40 stampers made a Christmas card for our challenge last week and now they can celebrate that they have one more Christmas card in their stash for next year!! Hooray!


This week's challenge is a Theme Challenge and one that I am so excited about! I love using bird images on my Christmas cards and while traveling this Christmas, I picked up a new Lawn Fawn stamp that I had to have! It had been on my wishlist all Fall and it did not disappoint when I inked it up!!!  It stamped smoothly and was such fun to colour! I stamped the owl twice, stamping it once onto a post it note and then cut it out. Then I masked the Owl so I could created two owls, snuggling together. I used the fun sketch over at Splitcoast Stampers! I used a "branch" in place of the banner!!! I love being able to mix pattern papers and this week I went to town using papers from Carta Bella, Stampin' Up and Simple Stories!!!


The design team has created such pretty and adorable creations to get you into the birding mood!!! Have fun creating your Christmas card!! A big welcome to our Guest Designer Kim Badelt, who won our challenge last week!! Would you like to be a Guest Designer? Be sure to play along, as our weekly winner is our next Guest Designer!

LeAnne PuglieseBonnie KlassNina Forsyth
Wendy AungstVicki BurdickSue Joyce

Sherry Eckblad
Narelle Farrugia
Kim Badelt (GD)Margaret MoodyAllisa Chilton

20 comments:

  1. oh my cute! Love those owlies:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley, your card is adorable. I can see why that stamp set was on your want list it is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am new here and wanted to submit my entry but I couldn't find the linky so please let me know if there is different way to post the entry.
    Wonderful challeng - I love birds :-)
    Hugs,
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi its me again, Just got the linky so sorry for my earilier message.
    thanks,
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the owls Lesley!!! Awesome card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a fun challenge! I can't wait to start looking for some birds! Your card is just adorable and that is so neat how you masked it to make the pair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Lesley, those owls are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lesley your owl card is so sweet!! I may have to get that image!! Thanks for the fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute, Lesley! Great mix of papers and the owls snuggling together are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Christmas owls are just too cute, Lesley! Love your colors and a wonderful job of adding color to your images!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute little image to use...how clever you were to mask & re-stamp! Sweet!! LOVE this challenge, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute Lesley! These two little owls are so sweet and your sentiment is just the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh those owls are adorable!!! Sweet card! GREAT theme this week...can't wait to play along! Time to dust off some dies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an adorable card, Lesley! Love your owls and pretty paper! Thanks for a terrific challenge this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute owls Lesley and I just love that you stamped them to cuddle up. I enjoyed my chance to play along - thanks.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I looked at the rules and it says to be sure to use the sketch but I don't see any sketch - only instructions to use birds...where can I find the sketch?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is adorable Lesley, the little owls are the sweetest.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh Lesley, now that I see your card a 2nd time, I'm wondering if that isn't what inspired me to use 2 tilted panels on mine? LOL Those owls are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just wanted to say a great big THANK YOU to all of the DT members! It's so wonderful seeing your comments back on our blogs....makes us feel appreciated. Thanks for all you do!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi...I was unable to link....tried 4x and then tried another way and it did not work....have no idea what is wrong...have not had this happen before ...some items showed but none of the images! Here is my URL:http://stampandscrapwithsusan.com/2013/01/christmas-bird/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)