Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Stampin' 411 Sketch Challenge-Traditional Christmas Cardinal

Wow!  Tuesday night already, the weeks go fast around here.  I made this card for the current Stamping 411 Sketch .  I made it right after the sketch was posted but for some reason I couldn't find the memory card for our camera?!  It has vanished!!!  I have searched high and low for it!!  Sheesh!  I couldn't take a photo until tonight, when I remembered that the camera has a "mini-me" memory card.  So I got that one out and got my photo taken.  I was worried I was going to miss the deadline!!  Yikes!  I did miss the deadline for last week's Colour Throwdown.  I was sad about that!!

I have a confession to make!!  The image is one I borrowed from my friend Glenda.  I don't actually have this stamp set but it is on my list!! I LOVE how it stamps.  I love the detail in the cardinal.  Yep, it is on my ever-growing Wishlist now. 


Thank you for stopping by!!  You should go play along with the Operators at Stamping 411.  Their sketches are always user friendly and they have great suggestions and tips for new and old cardmakers alike!!

Enjoy your day tomorrow!! If you have any questions about how I made this card or supplies I used, please feel free to email me.  My email is located in my profile.
Happy Stamping!

Smiles,
Supplies Used
Stamps: A Cardinal Christmas (pg 39-111760), En Francais
Inks: Markers, Real Red
Paper: Real Red, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Tools: Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Eyelet Border Punch,

10 comments:

  1. I can relate, I have found my memory card in the most bizarre places because I'm not very good at putting it right back in the camera when I'm finished. Once I found it in the middle of my SU! catalog during a party! Anyway, this card is gorgeous!! I wish I had someone to borrow that Cardinal stamp from!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the red and green with the white in between. whenever I lay red and green alone together, I think the eye needs a break. Perfect balance of color and an awesome take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job using the sketch!! Love that cardinal!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Lesley! Your coloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, Lesley! This little guy is now becoming one of my favorite stamps. :) The glimmer brads are perfect accents, too. Wishlist? What wishlist? Haha, it never ends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Lesley....just beautiful. I wouldn't want to send this out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! The white breaks up the red and green perfectly! My in-laws love birds...they would flip for this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)