Thursday, November 4, 2010

Resisting Tiramisu Snowflakes (Stamping 411 Sketch) & Creative Card Crew Challenge


The sketch over at the Stamping 411 is a goodie!  I was inspired to play and wanted to challenge myself with an idea I had floating around in my head.  What if I heated embossed the Serene Snowflakes in White Embossing Powder and then stamped over them in Chocolate Chip Ink with the En Francais Background stamp and then sponged over the snowflakes with Crumb Cake Ink?  An emboss resist technique!  Who can resist Tiramisu! The colours I used look liked a yummy dessert to me! So I am calling this my Tiramisu Technique!


I also made this card for the Creative Card Crew Challenge "Let's Punch It!"  I used the Scallop Border Punch and the Corner Punch to make the edging around the Snowflakes.  The sentiment is punched out with the Large Oval Punch. 

Both my husband and I have been tired lately, I have not been in the usual crafting craze I usually am, which is to make cards everyday!  Our beloved Wonder Dog, Cyrus was recently diagnosed with bone cancer.  He was diagnosed on September 3rd, the weekend before school started.  (That was a stressful weekend!!)  He is our fur baby, eventhough he is 12, he is like a child for us and it has been awful watching him slow down in the past few months.  He doesn't seem to realize that he is unwell and we have him on the many pain killers and other medicines the Vet has prescribed.  These medications do help him.  The past two nights he has been unable to sleep and has been asking to go out.  I think because of Halloween, there are many firecrackers still going off around here and they tend to make him jump!  He hates the noise of them.  Needless to say, we have had two sleepless nights, looking after him.  He has been sticking his wet nose into our faces while we are sleeping.  A wet nose wake up is not always pleasant, especially throughout the night!  So tonight we are both pooped!  My husband is already snoring away in the other room! Poor guy!

As to Cyrus and his bone cancer, he is doing much better than any of us thought he would. I want to thank my pal Jaydee for her kind words in her blog posts about Cyrus.  Here is a photo of our 100lb "baby"!  He loves running on the beach!  There is another photo of him in my right sidebar.


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful Thursday!
Smiles,

15 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your beloved Cyrus. My heart and prayers are with you. You card and technique are beautiful. Hugs, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. This technique is gorgeous!! Ideas in my head seldom come to fruition as well as yours did, thanks so much for sharing with us!! Thinking of Cyrus too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely Gorgeous.....really does remind me of Tiramisu!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie -- yummy dessert and yummy card. This is beautiful! Great job with this week's sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stamping 411 operators! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  5. STUNNING card! I love the non-traditional colors for snowflakes! I am sorry to hear that Cyrus is unwell...they are like our children, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lesley- this is a beautiful card-congratulations on being one of the cards selected for the showcase! Love the name and the dessert, tiramisu :-)

    I am so sorry to hear about Cyrus- we lost a few of our kitties to cancer(children to us as well) and it is so difficult. They provide so much unconditional love and support- I will be praying for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me at Tiramisu. I have not made that in a long time. But the card is yummy looking. Love your technique! Sorry to hear about your dog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending thoughts and hugs to you and your sweet Cyrus. My beloved black lab, Nikki had bone cancer and even though it's been a little over a year, not a day goes by that I don't think of her. Give Cyrus lots of extra love and belly rubs. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is just gorgeous - and then some - and so is your Cyrus....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply beautiful card Lesley! Love and hugs to you and Cyrus...my thoughts are with both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all, your card is simply gorgeous! Just lovely!
    Secondly I am sorry to hear about Cyrus and his cancer. Our furry babies are truly part of the family and I can't imagine how difficult this is for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lesley, I absolutely love your card! Just gorgeous!

    I am so sorry to read about Cyrus. He is a such handsome boy! I will be praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delicious set of colors! This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know how I missed this card....well, of course I do, but I am glad I found it! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely gorgeous! I really love the emboss resist! I'm sorry to hear about Cyrus.. Prayers coming out to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)