Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Colour Throwdown #63 and SCS Sketch Challenge #249

I have been trying to craft like mad...making up for lost time. My back is still sore but not like it was! All I really have left is a numb leg once in a while...like when I sit too long or while sleeping. This is a huge improvement from the summer.

So tonight I was determined to make a card for the Colour Throwdown Challenge. As soon as I saw the colours I was inspired, especially by the DT's gorgeous cards!!! The sketch was this week's SCS Sketch Challenge.
I used a kraft paper card base and embossed the Old Olive Panel with the Twig Cuttlebug folder. I then backed the olive section with brown paper. I actually cut out the little flower heads and popped them up with glue dots! The flowers are coloured with my copics and highlighted with W1 (warm grey). I used my oval nestabilities and decided to simply stamp the sentiment onto the oval. The little butterfly is popped up with a pop dot and has a little pearl on it. I hope you like it!

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!
Lesley :)

5 comments:

  1. I love the way you have used this colour combo. This card is so pretty. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is beautiful, love your colors and your take on the sketch!!! BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done! I like the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is very Pretty! I love that flower stamp! And butterflies are always great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice ! Great you combined two challenges !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)