Saturday, April 18, 2009

Mojo#82-Masculine Card?

Well it is Friday and I have finally had a moment to make a Mojo Card. I missed the past couple of weeks with crazy workload and family workload. My SU! order came in and I picked it up today!! SO thrilled with my new stamps. I bought the Flower in Silhouette which is at the back of the cattie. I LOVE it.

On this card I used my Scor-Pal to create the two lines on the left side of the card, where my brads are nestled. I punched out the scalloped Navy Square with my Marvy Mega Punch and cut the other sqaures to fit with my paper cutter. The image is stamped in Not Quite Navy and is stamped off a couple of times. The ribbon is a little piece I had kicking around. I tried a new ribbon treatment, inspired by Christine at Christine Creations and thought this ribbon style looked more masculine than a bow. I used bordering blue and not quite navy as my 2 colour choices. I really like this combo. I must continue to try it with other cards!!

I made this card for an elderly gentleman who is a family friend. He is a special guy and I wanted to send him a classy card. Hope I hit the mark.
Thanks for looking. Hope you day has been FULL of cardmaking. :)
Lesley

1 comment:

  1. This is a classy card! Love how you used your new stamp set, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)