Saturday, September 3, 2016

The Challenge #76 {A Sketch}

Hello and Welcome to Week One at The Challenge! We are back after a long, summer break! We are excited about this new year and we hope you are too! Before we get going, we have to say farewell to two designers...Jinny Newlin and Diane Jaquay! Best wishes to you ladies and thank you for being on our team!

We've decided to run the challenge on Saturdays this year! We hope you will join us!

Here is how it will work....
Saturdays 5am (PST)-Challenge Goes Live
Fridays 12pm (PST) Challenge Closes
Saturdays 4am (PST)-Winners Announced 





Each week we have a fun challenge for your to try!!! We do a different style of challenge each week! We like to mix things up and keep them fresh!


Here is the monthly rotation:
Week 1-Sketch
Week 2-Colours
Week 3-Photo Inspiration
Week 4-Christmas Photo Inspiration
Week 5-Wild Card (a surprise!)
For my card, I decided to use mix my other challenge...Inspired by All the Little Things with this sketch! Over at Inspired by, we have a bright and bold inspiration photo chosen by me! I couldn't resist mixing both challenges and I hope you are inspired to join us at both spots! I did some "unsual" watercolouring and I did NOT fill in the entire floral image! GASP! I tried to challenge myself to be free with my ink and let the inspiration guide me...it is not exactly what I had envisioned but I think the sentiment works well with this eclectic coloured card! The flowers and sentiment are from Verve called Surely Goodness. Then I added a vellum butterfly to tie it all together.


The design team have created some inspiration to get you in the crafting mood! Come and join us! Our weekly winner will be our next Guest Designer! So come and join the fun!


Welcome!

September's Featured Designer is Sharron Gregory from On Papillon Wings
Welcome, Sharon!


This week's Guest Designer is Bonnie Sharp from The Lucky Clucker



15 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Lesley! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo and on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the inspiration photo that you chose and, oh my, your take on it! Beautiful watercolouring and design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I am so glad The Challenge is back! I love your take on the sketch AND the combo mombo of both challenges - your "free" watercoloring is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous take on the inspiration photo. Hmmm...I think I know your guest designer too. *wink* Her card is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful, Lesley! Love the "unusual" watercoloring. I find it hard to makes myself keep those white spaces, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous Lesley!!! I love your flowers and loose watercoloring! Thanks so much for having me as a guest on Inspired by all the little things!! Thank you so much for your friendship and constant support!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lesley...stunning card! Love your beautiful yellow flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad the challenge is back and loving the amazing inspiration, thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also meant to say...Your free water-colouring effect is beautiful and the style just perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very happy to play along. Lovely flowers and background. Love the sketch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful designs from all the DT! Lesley, your card is so bright and gorgeous! Perfect for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Lesley, I love your beautiful watercolour flowers and that vellum butterfly is the perfect accent. Wonderful break but so happy to be back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO happy you're back!!! I tried to post your sketch image on my blog but the image wasn't showing up... Just wanted to let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the visit and the kind comment....and for linking me up. I'm not sure just what is going on but I still can't see the linky thing..... or the entries...but all still good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)