Monday, October 10, 2011

CASE Study {Best Wishes}

My creative juices have not been flowing well these days!  Seems stress can really get to a person and consequently, creativity flies out the window. LOL! So today, I decided to devote the entire day to making cards for me and trying some new challenges!  One challenge that I have wanted to try is the CASE Study Challenge.  The muse this week is Niki Estes.  I loved her card and was inspired to play along!  Here is Niki's gorgeous card!

After viewing her card, I decided to focus on the designer paper. One pack of paper that I bought but have hardly used is called "Beau Chateau".  I wanted to work with it as the designer paper Niki used reminded me of that paper!  I also loved the lace on her card and the simple sentiment.  I tried very hard to make my card match her awesome style. I love the gorgeous blue colour she used!

Here is my first attempt at a CASE Study Challenge:

So please tell me what you think?  My card is more muted than her beautiful vibrant tones!!  I was so intimidated by this designer paper and I am thrilled I got the chance to use it tonight!  Thank you Niki for helping me out of my creative slump!!!

Thanks for stopping by!
{Supplies Used}
Stamps: Summer Solstice, Petite Pairs, En Francais Background Stamp
Papers: Beau Chateau, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake
Inks: Soft Suede, Pretty in Pink
Other: Circle Punches, mini hole punch, lace, retired ribbon


  1. Very pretty, Lesley! I think you did an amazing job with that challenge!

  2. This is lovely Lesley ... love that patterned paper and pretty ribbon, so subtle and soft - a fabulous case on that gorgeous card!!!

  3. Wow, Lesley! Amazing interpretation of the original sketch! LOVE that Soft Suede/ Pretty in Pink combo. Just gorgeous!!

    Ps: I think you convinced me to finaly buy that paper. Eeek!

  4. what a gorgeous card, I luv the sheet music background and the soft color combo...hope your day is fabby girl!

    enjoy *~*

  5. I absolutely LOVE this card Lesley ~ the colors are so soft & stunning ~ TFS and enjoy your day :-)

  6. Your mojo seems to be perfectly fine to me! This is a beauty - very soft and classy - love it~!

  7. Hi Lesley! Congrats on your first time at CASE STudy! I think you did a fab job CASEing Niki's card. I love that dp you used.

  8. Well I think you can safely say you have your creativity back! Love the take on Niki's card - such pretty colours!
    Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week!

  9. Lesley - this is stunning! I love the colors you used. It is such a perfect card with the soft colors and the DSP. Love it!!

  10. Perfectly lovely, Lesley. Great take on the inspiration!

  11. I can sympathize with the creative juices....none here either. Although this IS very pretty....a good case of Niki's card. This challenge is one I've always wanted to do but just never got around to!


Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)